Run in conjunction with our biannual major conferences, winners of each essay contest receive the Newman Forum Writer’s Prize, and are celebrated at a banquet at the end of each calendar year.
- Write an essay (750-1000 words) on one of the topics below.
- Submit your essay via email as an attached Word Doc (NOT a Google Doc!)
- Your submitted document should indicate, either in the heading or elsewhere, that it is a submission for “Essay Contest Prompt #__”
- Please make sure your name is NOT on the document itself! You may include your name in the body of the email.
- *Note: Essay contest prompts are always based on the content of our biannual conferences. While not required, attendance of the corresponding conference will undoubtedly enrich submissions. We encourage you to attend if possible, to give a clearer picture of the conversation your entry is entering into!
- Please submit using an email you will have access to for the duration of the calendar year.
Essay Contest Topics:
- Stay tuned for Fall 2021 essay contest topics!